Agewell & Lunch Clubs in Sheffield is a Registered Charity which works with and for older people in Sheffield.
AGEWELL is available to people over the age of 50 who wish to gain knowledge, confidence and self-esteem to stay
healthy and active in body and mind.
AGEWELL GROUPS meet and participate in activities such as; Gentle Exercise; Visiting Speakers, Trips out,
Reminiscence Sessions, Games and much more. We also have specific Agewell Groups providing Arts & Crafts, Walking,
Yoga, Bowling and Dance Groups.
AGEWELL have around 78 groups, city-wide to choose from.
For details of our Agewell Groups Click Here.
There are around 107 LUNCH CLUBS throughout the City containing 8,000 members and around 750 volunteer helpers.
Lunch Clubs provide a hot meal on a regular basis for older people who may have difficulty cooking for themselves.
Lunch Clubs are an integral part of many older people’s lives whether or not they are disadvantaged, disabled,
healthy or otherwise. Clubs meet in Community Centres, Church Halls, Schools, Mosques etc.
For details of our Lunch Club Click Here.
We have Agewell Groups in most areas of Sheffield.
Members of Agewell Groups meet regularly and have a programme activities ranging from:-
- Gentle Exercise
- Arts & Crafts
- Health information and advice.
Agewell Groups are open to anyone over the age of 50 who wish to stay healthy and active in body and mind.
We also provide specific groups such as Walking, Arts & Crafts, Yoga, Bowling and Dance Groups.
We also run an Agewell Group at Beech Hill Rehab Unit for patients which gives them a taste of what is available once they have been discharged. This can also prevent re-admisison due to isolation and loneliness.
For further information please contact Agewell on 0114 275 1212.
Working together for older people in Sheffield
Agewell and Lunch Clubs in Sheffield is a Registered Charity which works from a community development perspective to:
• Improve the knowledge.
of the older people in Sheffield to enable them to stay healthy.
WHO IS THE CHARITY FOR?
…… You, if you are:-
• Aged 50+ in Sheffield.
• Interested in the well-being of older people.
WHAT IS OUR AIM?
To make the most of the health of people aged 50+ living in Sheffield.
By having a say so you have more control.
Your health and your life.
• Meeting other people by joining an Agewell Group or Lunch Club in your area.
• Enjoying social and health activities in your local Agewell group or Lunch Club.
• Talking and learning about things that affect your health and your life.
• Becoming a volunteer for the Charity.
• Letting others know what we want through our work with agencies like Sheffield Health Authority or Sheffield
• We have Agewell Groups and Lunch Clubs in many areas of the city.
• Some are in Sheltered Housing Schemes, Church Halls, Community Centres or Medical Centres.